Friday, January 06, 2006

Outskirts


, originally uploaded by cymagen.

The song Carmelita by Warren Zevon takes me somewhere. It's one of those songs that makes me think of a recurring dream I had as a child about my birth parents. It was the kind of dream that kind of mixes into reality. You know that kind of dream that presents itself as a memory and you aren't sure if you dreamed it or if it really happened? It takes me to a place where tall golden weeds are bending in the breeze on a bright sunny day and my mother is trying, she is trying but it just isn't going to happen. There is a remnant of love in the air, life is just beginning. I feel at home listening, but thinking of her makes me sad. Maybe she listened to this kind of music when I was a baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home